Reset to Factory Default
It is possible to get locked out of the Guest Internet gateway product, by forgetting the password or by incorrectly changing one of the IP addresses shown on the network configuration page.
This section describes procedures to reset all product parameters to factory defaults so that the product can be accessed once more. After this procedure however the product will have to be reconfigured. Upon restart the wizard screen will appear.
Reset to defaults as follows:
- Power up the gateway unit and locate the hole in the enclosure for the reset button.
- Using a paper clip, push the reset button (a click will be felt) and hold down for 10 seconds, after which the factory defaults will be restored.
The GIS-R10, GIS-R20, GIS-R40 and GIS-R80 products do not have a reset button.
To reset to the factory default configuration:
- Connect a computer to the primary WAN port of the device.
- Set the computer Ethernet port to an IP of 192.168.200.2.
- Open the browser at an IP address of: 192.168.200.1.
- Type the username reset and the password reset.
- Click on enter, another page will appear.
- Click on the Reset to defaults button and then wait two minutes.
- Switch the product power off then on.
- Proceed to reconfigure the product using the wizard as described in an earlier section.